This app allows users to book the parking space from multiple parking locations from the university campus. With this Mobile app, users can view parking locations, see the real-time parking spot availability and book the preferred parking spot. Users can view parking locations from maps and lists with real-time location availability.
About our Customer:
This is a pilot project developed for a US based start-up that shows real time parking spots availability and navigation to that spot with the help of data from above-ground sensors to detect whether or not a vehicle is parked in a certain spot.
Business Needs / Challenges:
- Need for real-time parking spot view in map for parking spot availability and selection (like seat booking in flights/bus).
- Integration with IOT devices to fetch the real time data.
- Ability to handle heavy user traffic in pick-hours for request processing.
- Real time parking spots availability and navigation to that spot with the help of data from above-ground sensors to detect whether or not a vehicle is parked in a certain spot.
- View live parking spot availability in real time, directing you to that open spot.
- Shows a bird's-eye diagram view of the parking lot with its designated zones.
- Vacant spots are marked in the app by green rectangles, while occupied spots are blocked off in red.
- Supports login with social media accounts.
- Google Map integration with custom location markers
- Real time parking spot update
- Push notifications
- Directions to reserved spot
- Login with Google, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Backend services are built on Liferay Portal, which allows admins to add and configure parking