As we all know recently Odoo version 9 has been released. So we all are excited to try it at our end. But for getting easy control over odoo we will provide you installation manual for Odoo 9 on your Ubuntu system. This “How to guide” will allow you to install odoo manually. Just follow below mentioned steps to configure and setup odoo 9 at your end.
Steps to install and configure required packages:
Step 1 : Install required packages and libraries:
Before installation of odoo there are few required packages list that should be installed on linux/Ubuntu distribution before running Odoo Server.
You have to just Copy and Paste below command for packages in the terminal:
- sudo apt-get install python-dateutil python-feedparser python-gdata python-ldap python-libxslt1 python-lxml python-mako python-openid python-psycopg2 python-pybabel python-pychart python-pydot python-pyparsing python-reportlab python-simplejson python-tz python-vatnumber python-vobject python-webdav python-werkzeug python-xlwt python-yaml python-zsi python-dateutil python-feedparser python-pip python-dev libevent-dev gcc libxml2-dev libxslt-dev node-less
Note: It will ask for entering password, so here you have to give password of your system login.
- sudo apt-get install curl
- curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_0.10 | sudo bash -
- sudo npm install -g npm
- sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
- sudo apt-add-repository ppa:chris-lea/node.js
- sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
- sudo npm install -g less less-plugin-clean-css
- sudo apt-get update
Step 2 : Now turn to install and configure Postgres:
- sudo apt-get install postgresql
Note: If you will not give any specific postgresql version with above mentioned command it will take automatically version 9.1. If you want to install any specific version of postgresql, you have to write that version.
odoo@odoo:/$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.3
- sudo apt-get install pgadmin3
odoo@odoo:/$ sudo su postgres
password: ENTER YOUR SYSTEM PASSWORD
postgres@odoo:/$ createuser openerp
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) y
Note: Make this new user a superuser by writing y. Only then you can create a database using OpenERP Client. In short, openerp is the new user created in PostgreSQL for OpenERP. This user is the owner of all the tables created by OpenERP Client.
postgres@odoo:/$ psql -l
postgres@odoo:/$ psql template1
- alter role openerp with password 'postgres';
template1=# alter role openerp with password 'postgres';
Note: "ALTER ROLE" is the message which shows that you have successfully changed password of role named openerp.
Steps to create a new database:
After starting a server, now open a web browser and in address bar just type localhost:8069 and press enter button.
Step 2 :
It will open a database selector page from where you have to click on 'Manage Databases' button.
Step 3 :
Now you have to click on 'Create Database' button to create a new database.
Step 4 :
It will open a new popup window in which you have to give database name and password of admin user and after that wait for few minutes to create a database.
Step 5 :
After successfully creation of database it will display a home page with all standard odoo addons as below:
Step 6 :
Now install a module of your wish from 'Apps' and enjoy odoo!
For professional paid support, you may contact us at [email protected] .